Sunday, April 26, 2009

TOP FIVE (Vol. 8) - Poetic Front Men

It would be impossible to put these in order.

Paul Simon ("No good times, no bad times, There's no times at all, Just The New York Times")
Jim Morrison ("No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn")
Lou Reed ("Skip a life completely. Stuff it in a cup. She said, Money is like us in time, It lies, but can't stand up")
Morrissey ("Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head See, the sea wants to take me The knife wants to slit me Do you think you can help me?")
Colin Meloy ("A plaintive melody Truncated symphony An ocean’s garbled vomit on the shore, Los Angeles, I’m yours")

This excludes singer/songwriters, so as a side-note:
Tom Waits
Bob Dylan
John Lennon
Damien Rice
Leonard Cohen

And since Pink Floyd didn't really have a front man after Syd Barrett:
Roger Waters

No comments: