Saturday, January 10, 2009

Top 5 Albums To Change Your Life To

So I was watching the special features on the Control dvd and I watched an interview with the director, Anton Corbijin, who said Joy Division's album Unknown Pleasures had galvanized him into moving to England. I was struck by that. An album picked him up and moved him from the Netherlands to England in hopes of meeting the band and changing his life. (He succeeded, and many of the famous images from Joy Division, including Matt's poster, were taken by him). 

With that in mind I came up with another Top 5. The top 5 albums/songs/artists to change your life to. 

I'm still coming up with mine. I just wanted to put that out there.  

1. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin 
2. Greatest Hits - Oasis (Doesn't exist. See Below.)
3. All Things Must Pass - George Harrison (the whole thing as a unit of song)
4. Horses - Patti Smith (specifically, Gloria)
5. London Calling - The Clash (specifically, London Calling)

Oasis' Greatest Hits - specifically designed to make you change your life, because naming one album would be leaving too much out.
1. Some Might Say
2. Rock N Roll Star
3. Cigarettes & Alcohol
4. Live Forever
5. I Hope I Think I Know
6. Cast No Shadow
7. The Masterplan
8. Roll With It
9. Don't Look Back In Anger
10. Wonderwall
11. The Shock of the Lightning
12. Lord Don't Slow Me Down
13. Let There Be Love
14. I'm Outta Time
15. Morning Glory
16. All Around the World
17. The Girl in the Dirty Shirt 
18. Take Me Away
19. D'you Know What I Mean?
20. Champagne Supernova

2 comments:

Owen Dunleavy said...

Question: If you hate blogs...why are you one one?

Mr. Schicchi said...

this is my favorite comment ever. i feel like i haven't been looked down on in forever.