Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHALLENGE (Vol. 1)

Well, Matthew, perhaps this one'll suit you better.

Sixteen Track Playlist For SEX
We are all encouraged to put these together and test them. Preferably with sex. (Hey, everyone needs an incentive).

1. The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
2. Venus - Air - Talkie Walkie
3. Stellar - Incubus - Make Yourself
4. Revelation - Love - Da Capo
5. Yard of Blonde Girls - Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
6. Strangers - Portishead - Dummy
7. First Gear - The Rapture - Pieces of the People We Love
8. Cold Light - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
9. Tunic (Song For Karen) - Sonic Youth - Goo
10. Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf - Steppenwolf the Second
11. United Nations - Ravi Shankar - Raga
12. Halleluhwah - Can - Tago Mago
13. The Crystal Ship - The Doors - Doors
14. Touch I'm Going To Scream - My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
15. Free Radicals - Flaming Lips - Flaming Lips
16. Maggot Brain - Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

And for the record, in real life I would probably just put on Led Zeppelin's How the West Was Won.

I want to preface my response with: I have prepared for this question like WWII vet for Atomic Annihilation (bunker and all) or Michael Phelps for the Olympics (Merman growth hormone)

1). Staring at the Sun -TV on the Radio (Gay)
2). Wolf like Me -TV on the Radio (Straight)
3). When the Lights Go Out -The Black Keys (Straight)
4). What I'm Trying to Say (at least the first two stanzas) -Stars (Gay)
5). Young Lust -Pink Floyd (Straight)
6). Black Dog -Led Zeppelin (Straight/Lesbian)
7). We Own the Sky -M83 (Lesbian)
8). Hot Stuff/Wild Horses -The Rolling Stones (Pan?)
9). A Little Less 16 Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" -Fall Out Boy (Straight)
10). My Moon, My Man -Feist (Gay/Lesbian, despite the title)
11). I Don't Want to Miss A Thing -Aerosmith (Pan-it's a classic)
12). Sofa Song -The Kooks (Straight)
13). Archangel -Burial (Pan)
14). Mama's Room -Under the Influence of Giants (Straight)
15). Here (In Your Arms) -Hellogoodbye (Lesbian)
16). Animals -Nickelback (Straight-I enjoy its lack of subtly)


I had an extra 10 but then I remembered the 16 rule. I'm not fully satisfied but I can't remember all the ones I wanted so I had to use substitutes. To be honest I'd probably just blast Wagner

I can't imagine the sex you'd have to Wagner. Okay, now I'm imagining it.

Almost done with my playlist, but on the note of Wagner,
"I've never been good with music during "sexy time". Although once an ex put on Ravel's 'Bolero' as a joke. What started as a sensuous tease ended up as a sticky, intense crescendo for all involved." Bloc Party's Kele Okereke.

I thought that was fantastic.

No comments: