Monday, December 15, 2008

Zooey Deschanel Teams Up With Marc Ecko to Fuck Up People's Lives


I read the news today, oh boy.
Actually I just glimpsed a magazine cover on my way out of 7/11. The magazine was called Complex and it had Zooey Deschanel on the cover. Therefore, I looked at it (all the other ones had a member of the Obama family on the cover). Now I had never noticed this magazine before (maybe it's new, maybe they've never had Zooey Deschanel pose for the cover) and to find out what kind of magazine it was, I read the subtitle: "A Marc Ecko Production".
Okay, well, now I know to whom it's aimed. But one other thing caught my attention as I was losing interest - one of the feature articles on the cover: "How to cheat on your girl (& get away with it)".
I know British reality TV has telecast a man committing assisted suicide. And who hasn't seen Britney Spears' gaping vagina?
But this, gentlemen, boys and girls, this is an outright travesty of modern civilization. The media stooping to new, ever deepening lows has reached a milestone: Rupert Murdoch himself may as well have endorsed the holocaust, as far as I'm concerned. A people's publication - a proud, if controversially so, member of the liberal media - endorsing (not subliminally so they can't be faulted, not deviously so they can defend themselves by having only targeted the already iniquitous), directly endorsing infidelity in all respects.
And may I here distinguish encourage from endorse. Encouraging would be saying to he whose eyes wander: "I have the means." What Marc Ecko has done is endorse: "Everyone! Whether or not you've considered this an option, Zooey Deschanel wants you to cheat on your lovers!"
And that's just not something I want to think about when I'm fantasizing about the cutest movie star since Audrey Hepburn.

I haven't read more than two words of this article yet, besides "Zooey Deschanel" and the photo of her in the sidebox. I just want to register my extreme excitement that I'm about to read this article.

Oh my GOD, she's so fucking cute, dude. I want to direct something with her in it just for the sake of having the cutest girl ever be the star and have me be really happy every day I go to work.

...didijusttypethat... Either way, nasty shit goes on all the time on the covers of chick magazines. They're losing readers on the conventional standbys, so they're just getting more edgy and extreme as time goes on. Does it mean the end of society? No. Though it would be amusing if it were.

No comments: